|Funds available to Ph.D. students and their use|
|Each PhD student has a budget available to cover part of the expenses relevant to their PhD studies.
See this document for details (Instruction Funds and Expenses/Istruzioni Fondi e Spese).
|SUMMARY OF DEADLINES AND FORMS FOR ENROLLED PhD STUDENTS|
|Note: each student has to: 1) at the beginning of each academic year, prepare a Study and Research Plan in which he/she describes the proposed activity for the incoming academic year; 2) at the end of each academic year, submit a report on the activities carried out during that year; 3) at the end of each academic year, give an oral presentation of his/her work. These activities should be carried out according to the schedule outlined below and using the forms listed below.|
|Deadline||Type of activity: Reporting|
|November 30th ||• Submission of the individual Study and Research Plan by the PhD student, to be approved by the Board of Supervisors (Collegio Docenti). The research plan is prepared by the PhD student under the guidance of the Supervisor. The document should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
• With this document, 1st year students indicate also the name of the suggested Supervisor for their research activity.
• With this document, 2nd and 3rd year students update their previously submitted individual Study and Research Plan.
|August 31st||• Submission of the individual Annual Report, to be approved by the Executive Committee (Consiglio Direttivo). The report should be written in English. The document, together with the other supporting documents requested, should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
• Approval of the reported activities is a requirement for admission to the following academic year (1st and 2nd year students) or for being allowed to submit the thesis for evaluation by the external reviewers (3rd year students).
|September 6th||• Public presentation of the work carried out during the year. The presentation should be given in English, using slides. The document should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
• Approval of the presentation is a requirement for admission to the following academic year (1st and 2nd year students) or for being allowed to submit the thesis for evaluation by the external reviewers (3rd year students).
• Submission of the Final Report (3rd year students), to be approved by the Board of Supervisors (Collegio Docenti).
|September 30th||• Online submission of thesis for evaluation by the external reviewers (3rd year students). Detailed instructions will be given by the secretariat.|
|Deadline||Type of activity: Traveling|
|• Note: each student, before traveling (missione), should fill an online form to formally request the permission to leave. It is absolutely forbidden to leave without having submitted the request for permission to travel. The authorization to travel must always be requested before completing the mission, even if no reimbursement is requested. Authorization is requested through the web application accessible from your personal SIT page (see link on UNIPD home page, top right).
• To request any reimbursement, the students should submit the original copy of the receipt for each expense they are claiming (for air travel, they need to submit also the original copy of the boarding card). If any receipt is missing, no reimbursement will be given for that claimed expense.
• The necessary forms and procedures are listed below.
|2 weeks/ 1 month before departure (at least)||• Online submission (SIT page) of the travel authorization request (see istruzioni missioni ) for any travelling activity outside of UNIPD for study or research. This is an important requirement for insurance purposes; refund of expenses will be refused in absence of this request before departure. Travelling using a private or rented car should be justified exhaustively. For details see Regolamento Missioni.
• within the online submission of the travel authorization request, a PhD student may ask for the advance payment of conference/course fees by credit card (which will be issued after authorization) or bank transfer (in tha latter case: after authorization, the Ph.D. student must open a ticket in section “SERVIZI CONTABILI:3 Missioni” at http://www.dii.unipd.it/helpdesk and load a pdf file including payment instructions); in this case the online submission of the travel authorization request must be done at least one month before departure.
WARNING: for attendance of virtual conference/courses, no travel authorization is needed; ONLY in this case, a form must be used to request advanced payment of conference/course fees.
|1 month before departure (at least)||• For periods outside UNIPD (either in Italy or abroad) for more than 20 days, this specific authorization request is also needed.|
|1 month before departure (at least)||• For periods ABROAD for twenty or more days, an additional form is required, as described in this page. This will also allow for a 50% increase of the scholarship money for the period abroad (not applicable to students with no scholarship - studenti senza borsa).
• Students (ALL students, independently on the type of grant they have) that spend more than 20 days ABROAD (even if they do not request the 50% increase in wage) need to obtain, before returning to Italy, a formal letter from the host institution stating clearly the period that they spent there (a letter from the professor/laboratory head that is hosting you is enough). The letter should be sent in attachment to the secretariat of the PhD school (email@example.com).
|After travelling||• Once returned from your travels, you should submit your reimbursement claim following the same procedure online (in your personal SIT page), uploading also a scan of all your receipts and travel documents.
• The ORIGINAL copies of all the documents should be given to: “Settore Contabilità e Acquisti - DII (Sede G)”.
|Deadline||Type of activity: Teaching, Tutoring or Other Activities|
|1 week before the start of the activity||• The PhD students should submit the appropriate request for authorization (see below), for approval by the Executive Committee (Consiglio Direttivo) of the PhD school. Follow the instructions reported in the forms.
• Authorization request for teaching activities at UNIPD
• Authorization request for tutoring activities at UNIPD
• Authorization request for any other activities outside the PhD School
|Deadline||Type of activity: Attending courses or seminars|
|Note: the forms to be used when taking courses outside the PhD school and when attending the seminars are listed below.|
|At the beginning of a course (only when it is not offered by an Institution outside UNIPD)||• If a student wants to attend a course that is not directly offered by the School, he should ask the Lecturer about the procedure for taking the final exam. If the course does not have a final exam, no credits can be obtained by the student. At the end of the course, the Lecturer (or any other person in charge for the course) must sign this form (Verbale di valutazione finale).|
|At the end of a course (only when it is offered by the PhD school in Industrial Engineering or other UNIPD courses)||• Once a student passes the final examination for a course he has taken (offered by the PhD School in Industrial Engineering, other UNIPD PhD schools or regular UNIPD degree programs (Laurea Magistrale e Triennale)) they must register it using the form provided.
• This document will prove that the student has taken the course and passed the exam. A scanned copy of this document should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school, when submitting the documents in support of the Annual Report (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).
• After passing the exam, a student taking a course offered by the PhD school in Industrial Engineering (see http://www.cdii.dii.unipd.it/corsi/ or http://www.cdii.dii.unipd.it/en/corsi/) should fill an anonymous Course Evaluation Questionnaire (insert only the name of your curriculum and your cohort) using the form provided. Each questionnaire, once filled, should be sent to the Curriculum Coordinator by email, who will forward it to the head of the PhD school. Please note that filling this form is compulsory, and no course credits will be given to students which haven’t filled the questionnaire.
|At the end of a seminar (only when it is offered by the PhD school in Industrial Engineering or other UNIPD courses)||• After attending a seminar (offered by the PhD School in Industrial Engineering or other UNIPD PhD schools), a student must register it using the form provided.
• This document will prove that the student has attended the seminar. A scanned copy of this document should be uploaded in the Moodle platform for the PhD school, when submitting the documents in support of the Annual Report (instructions will be provided by the secretariat).